Monday, January 28, 2013

Roman & Williams

 Above: Their bedroom- what decadent hues of blue, and the combination of textures between the gloss of the floor, the eggshell walls the sheepskin. I want to go to there.
 Above: I keep telling myself I want a myriad of different glasses in my collection, this is a very good reminder of that goal.
                                                
Above: Candlesticks and art.
Above: I'd love to have those cutting boards, not to mention a constant still life in my kitchen.
Above: Really love these old bathrooms, subway tiles, pillar sinks, black floors and brass hardware.
Above: Fuck your couch.
A library room INSIDE another room. Again, there's something about black floors and white walls that gives me such a sense of nostalgia. Add a few preserved snakes in jars and a philodendron or two and I'm in heaven.

This loft is the artistry (and living space) of husband-and-wife team Robin Standefer and Stephen Alesch, the couple behind design firm Roman & Williams. From the mouth of the horse "I hate design,” says Standefer. “It’s so pretentious, awful and academic. We’re anti-design. We like when something breaks off or is half done. It’s not that something has to feel real. It has to be real. Life is not always going to be perfect. A space should reflect that.” Amen sister. 

Check their new book out (aka buy it for me) at Amazon.

images via remodelista

No comments:

Post a Comment